This is such a classic British combination. Excellent on its own or served with mash potatoes and sausages.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g diced smoked bacon lardons
- 1 Savoy cabbage, cored, halved and shredded
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 100g Stilton, crumbled
- 50g walnuts pieces
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the lardons and cook for 4-5 minutes until beginning to crisp.
- Add the cabbage and fennel seeds, and stir together. Stir-fry for a further 5-7 minutes until tender but still crunchy.
- Add the Stilton and walnuts, season and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes and serve.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk