The combination of sweet tang and saltiness in the peanut topping makes a delicious contrast to creamy flavoured cauliflower. Serve as an accompaniment to grilled or fried chicken or pork.
- 1 medium cauliflower, (about 600g trimmed weight)
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
- 100g natural roasted peanuts in their skins
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium frying pan and gently fry the cauliflower for 5 minutes, turning the pieces frequently. Drizzle carefully with 2 tbsp water, cover with a lid or foil and gently cook the cauliflower for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- While cooking, finely chop the peanuts. (This is easiest done in a food processor using the pulse setting). Tip into a small pan and toast until beginning to colour.
- Add the remaining oil, spring onion, lime zest and juice, sugar and seasoning and heat through gently for 1 minute, stirring regularly.
- Tip the cauliflower into a warmed serving dish and scatter with the peanut mixture.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk