The combination of pinenuts, courgettes and cherry tomatoes works extremely well and looks as good as it tastes. For extra colour use half green and half yellow courgettes and for convenience, use whichever pasta comes to hand!
- 300g penne pasta
- 4 courgettes (550g)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (35g)
- 25g pinenuts, browned
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche (25g)
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the courgettes in half lengthways and then slice. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the courgettes for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for a further minute before stirring in the pine nuts.
- Stir the crème fraiche into the pasta to coat, and serve immediately topped with the courgette and tomato mixture and freshly grated parmesan. Season to taste.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk