Nothing could be simpler! These deliciously sweet baby courgettes sit neatly on a base of crisp ciabatta bread with a tangy mint dressing poured over which soaks into the bread. Try substituting an olive or sun dried tomato ciabatta bread for a truly Mediterranean taste. You can use fully grown courgettes sliced thinly lengthways if you can’t get hold of baby courgettes.
- 200g baby courgettes
- ½ ciabatta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
- Heat a ridged griddle pan or a lightly greased frying pan. Top and tail the courgettes and slice in half lengthways. Place in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender.
- Meanwhile cut the ciabatta in half lengthways and then each half into two. Lightly toast or grill the bread. To make the dressing combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Arrange the courgettes on the toasted bread and drizzle over the dressing. Either serve straight away or leave for up to ½ hour to allow the bread to soak up the juices.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk