Great served with steak and steamed broccoli.Swede can also be combined with potatoes and any other root vegetables to make a great topping for Shepherd’s pie or fish pie.
- 800g swede peeled and cut into slim wedges
- 1tbsp oil
- Small bunch thyme leaves picked
- 50g grated parmesan
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°c, 400°f or gas mark 6.
- In a bowl toss the swede in the oil, thyme and half the parmesan until well coated. Spread out in a roasting tin and cook in the oven for 35 -40 mins until the swede is cooked through and crisp on the edges.
- Once cooked tip into a serving bowl and while still hot sprinkle over the remaining cheese and a good grind of black pepper.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk