This is a quick and easy meal,great for midweek or for summer parties. The taste combination of fresh new potatoes with chicken coupled with the tang of the raspberries makes for an unforgettable taste experience!
- 500g British new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 tbsp raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp ale
- 3 tsp clear honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut into strips
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 50 g bag rocket leaves
- Fresh rasperries to garnish
- Combine 1 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp ale, 1 tsp honey, ½ tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir in the chicken.
- Place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender then drain and allow to cool slightly. Mix with the tomatoes, cucumber and rocket.
- Meanwhile heat a little oil in a large frying pan, remove the chicken from the marinade and stir fry for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through and browned. Stir into the salad.
- In the frying pan, heat the remaining vinegar, ale, honey, oil, salt and pepper and bring to the boil and reduce by half. Pour over the salad and toss well. Serve warm, garnished with fresh raspberries.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk