Serves 2 for a light lunch Serves 4 as a starter
- 500g new or salad potatoes, scrubbed and cut into thick slices
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 240g pack smoked back bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. clear honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 225g baby spinach leaves, washed
- Place the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, honey and seasoning and cook for a further minute.
- Allow to cool slightly before tossing onto the spinach leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Recipes & Images courtesy of thinkvegetables.co.uk